Hudson Technologies is seeking individuals who are passionate about creating or broadening a career with an innovative company. Hudson Technologies offers a dynamic working environment where all team members are valued and rewarded accordingly.
Sets up, programs and maintains CNC equipment (Lathes, Mills, EDM) and auxiliary equipment in support of the production requirements of the tool room and production requirements.
Analyzes and interprets drawings.
- Includes written and verbal instruction for the tooling or die in question.
Plans own set-up and operates the necessary CNC machine tools.
- Takes into consideration the type of material, tolerances, choice of cutting tools, lubricants/coolants and machine tool feeds and speeds and electrodes.
Program’s CNC Lathe, Mill, and EDM machine’s.
- Uses Master Cam and machine conversational programs.
- Writes the programs and produces tooling.
- Uses Master Cam to draw the form needed to produce the part.
- Codes the part for use in the CNC machines and manufactures the part.
Uses a variety of precision measuring and gauging tools both during and after machining.
- May be required to measure and copy parts.
Determines specifications/standards for inspection of completed work and future repair specifications.
Provides instruction to less experienced tool room personnel in the use of CNC machines and programming.
- Includes inserts, end mills, drills, electrode material and EDM wire used for the CNC equipment.
Maintains work area in a neat and orderly condition.
- Returns unused materials or supplies to the correct location.
Observes all basic plant safety rules and safe operating procedures for tool room equipment.
Participates in tool design and process reviews as required.
Effectively communicates issues concerning safety, quality, delivery, productivity, tooling.
- Communicates issues to Team Leader to ensure that organizational goals and objectives are met.
Participates as a member of the Tool Room Team.
- Participates in ongoing development, communication and implementation of team concepts, programs and policies.
- Coordinates work to ensure best practices with all team members.
- Attends appropriate team meetings.
- As a member of the tool room team, fosters strong cohesiveness regarding all major issues; e.g., direction, annual plan, budget, policy changes, etc.
- Accepts responsibility to quickly identify any areas of lack of cohesiveness, bringing them to the attention of the team leader and working with the team in a supportive manner to resolve issues affecting cohesiveness. Actively look for ways, and reinforce actions needed, to achieve synergy possible within the larger organization.
Performs other duties as necessary in support of business objectives. This position description is intended to guide the activities of the CNC/EDM Machinist. It is not intended to limit the thinking and creativity of the person to the work of this function, nor is it intended that this describe all the work that may be required of the person in this position.
|Educational Requirements||Experience Requirements|
HS diploma or equivalent required. Minimum of one year formal technical training as machinist including CNC training. Completion of formal four year Tool & Die apprentice training program preferred.
|Technical Experience: Minimum 2 years CNC programmer/machinist preferred.|
Industry Experience: Previous deep drawn stamping experience preferred.
|Technical Competencies – specifically related to this position|
Detail Oriented: High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
Machine Tools Skills: Proficient in the operations of all tool room machine tools including lathes (both manual and CNC), drill presses, milling machines and surface grinders. Ability to work to precision tolerances.
Analytical Skills: Good math skills. Ability to comprehend and interpret documents such as work instructions, safety procedures, and operating procedures.
Computer Skills: Ability to write and update programs and transfer and convert computer files using Master Cam and the form tracer.
Problem Solving Skills: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of manufacturing variables. Blueprint Skills: The ability to read and interpret blueprints, part drawings, and follow special written and/or verbal instructions.
Troubleshooting Skills: Ability to troubleshoot tooling as required and assist other tool room personnel in their projects or assignments.
Interpersonal Skills: Effective communication skills; ability to interact effectively in a team environment and to interact with all levels of the organization, customer, and suppliers.
Decision Making Skills: Good decision making, planning, and organizational skills.
Physical Requirements: Ability to meet the physical requirements of the job.
Hudson Operating systems principles and objectives (this competency appears in all job descriptions): Knows all Hudson established operating systems (e.g. quality, environmental). Understands the responsibility to maintain familiarity with the systems and this position’s role in support of these systems – including a consideration of the impact of individual actions on the systems and the responsibility to communicate concerns and improvement ideas.
|Behavioral Competencies – Common to all Hudson Positions|
Personally earn the trust of colleagues, customers, suppliers, partners, shareholders, and your community – in every interaction.
Learn by Doing
Steward our Legacy