Hudson Technologies is seeking individuals who are passionate about creating or broadening a career with an innovative company. Hudson Technologies offers a dynamic working environment where all team members are valued and rewarded accordingly.
Purpose of the Job
Carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: payroll processing, benefits administration, onboarding.
Provides administrative support to the Human Resource department and all departments within the organization by handling a variety of tasks with changing priorities. Maintains confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
Key Initiatives and 90 Day Top 5
Each quarter top 5’s are determined and approved by the supervisor and employee. One-on-one meetings are held quarterly to measure success.
Essential Job Responsibilties
Maintains HRIS database and department records.
- Performs data entry utilizing specific departmental data bases and procedures.
- Ensures maintenance and accuracy of departmental records, including filing.
- Serves as back up for the Human Resources Generlist with payroll processing.
- Reconciles monthly billing statements for all benefit elections.
- Develops training courses and enters completed training into Entropy software to ensure overall compliance.
- Generates employee reimbursements for company allowances and tuition reimbursements.
- Assists HR Administrator with entering new employees into all computer software systems.
Provides administrative support.
- Uses standard and/or specialized office equipment and computer programs to develop presentations, perform word processing activities, create spreadsheets, maintain databases, etc for organization.
- Assists in coordinating employee celebration activities.
- Sorts and distributes mail.
- Maintains postage equipment.
- Generates packets for new hire orientation classes.
- Updates job descriptions and company policies, as requested by HR Manager.
Operates multiple line switchboard console.
- Answer incoming telephone calls and refer calls to appropriate personnel.
- Maintains the employee attendance telephone line.
Greets customers and visitors.
- Responds to visitors’ requests.
- Screens all visitors for compliance with ITAR regulations.
- Coordinates visits, including scheduling conference rooms and preparing agendas.
Properly maintains work area.
- Maintains lobby and receptionist work area in a safe, organized, and professional fashion.
Participates in Continuous Improvement Activities.
- Identifies and suggests improvements to administrative work and departmental methods and procedures.
Participates as a member of the Human Resources Team.
- Participates in ongoing development, communication and implementation of team concepts, programs and policies.
- Coordinates work to ensure best practices with all team members.
- Attends appropriate team meetings.
- As a member of the Human Resources Team, fosters strong cohesiveness regarding all major issues; e.g., direction, annual plan, budget, policy changes, etc.
- Accepts responsibility to quickly identify any areas of lack of cohesiveness, bringing them to the attention of the team leader and working with the team in a supportive manner to resolve issues affecting cohesiveness.
- Actively look for ways and reinforce actions needed to achieve synergy possible within the larger organization.
- Maintains confidentiality for all departmental efforts and tasks.
Performs other duties as necessary in support of business objectives. This position description is intended to guide the activities of the HR Administrative Assistant. It is not intended to limit the thinking and creativity of the person to the work of this function, nor is it intended that this describe all the work that may be required of the person in this position.
|Educational Requirements||Experience Requirements|
High school diploma or equivalent required. Associates degree preferred.
|Technical Experience: Minimum of 1 year administrative assistant experience preferred.|
Industry Experience: Manufacturing preferred.
Computer / Office Equipment: Demonstrated high level of competency and proficiency in computer software and office equipment. Ability to fully utilize internal email, intranet, word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and database software.
Organization Skills: Excellent organizational skills; ability to handle multiple and changing tasks and priorities. Ability to work flexible hours.
Decision Making Skills: High level of decision making skills and judgment. Ability to work without direct supervision.
Build Relationships: Relates to people in an open, friendly, accepting manner; shows sincere interest in others and their concerns; initiates and develops relationships with others as a key priority. Demonstrates attention to and conveys understanding of the comments and questions of others.
Maintains Confidentiality & Professionalism: Demonstrated experience and ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and a high degree of professionalism.
Hudson Operating systems principles and objectives (this competency appears in all job descriptions): Knows all Hudson established operating systems necessary to fulfill the job responsibilities. Understands the responsibility to maintain familiarity with the systems and this position’s role in support of these systems – including a consideration of the impact of individual actions on the systems and the responsibility to communicate concerns and improvement ideas.
|Our Values – Common to all Hudson Positions|
Personally earn the trust of colleagues, customers, suppliers, partners, shareholders, and your community – in every interaction.
Learn by Doing
Steward our Legacy
This job description reflects the general details of the specific job identified and is not necessarily a complete listing of all work requirements. Hudson Technologies is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.