Hudson Technologies is seeking individuals who are passionate about creating or broadening a career with an innovative company. Hudson Technologies offers a dynamic working environment where all team members are valued and rewarded accordingly.
Sets up, program and maintain the 5-Axis Laser and CNC equipment (Production Lathes & Mills) and auxiliary equipment in support of production requirements.
Key Initiatives and 90 Day Top 5
Operating under the priorities of safety first, quality second and productivity third, the Laser & CNC Machines Lead/Programmer is responsible for overseeing all Laser and CNC Machine production related activities. Area lead must demonstrate a positive attitude and strong problem solving skills to maximize efficiency of Laser and CNC machines and support other areas to accomplish the same.
Analyzes and interprets drawings.
- Including written and verbal instruction for the job in question.
Performs set-up and provides instruction to operator on Laser & CNC machine operation.
- Takes into consideration the type of material, tolerances, choice of cutting path/tools, lubricants/coolants and machine tool feeds & speeds.
Programs Laser and CNC Lathe & Milling machines.
- Uses CAD/CAM (Master Cam) and machine conversational programs.
- Uses Cagila Software to program Laser
Supports the design and development of fixturing for Laser & CNC machining operations.
Uses a variety of precision measuring and gauging tools both during and after machining.
Supports the development of specifications/standards for inspection of completed work.
Provides instruction to less experienced production personnel in the use of the 5-Axis Laser and CNC machines.
- Includes nozzles, shielding glass, inserts, end mills & drills used for the Laser & CNC equipment.
Maintains work area in a neat and orderly condition.
- Returns unused materials or supplies to the correct location.
Maximize efficiency of Laser & CNC Machines and support other areas to accomplish the same.
Eliminate backlog and work according to production schedule.
Support and improve inventory stock programs – internally and externally.
Support all R&D projects.
Expand on training program to improve skill level of all employees.
Assists in transfer of products from the R&D phase to that of ongoing manufacturing/production. This applies to both new and existing work.
- Participate in and support lean manufacturing initiatives as required.
Assist in growth of our manufacturing capabilities and capacities.
Observe and reinforce all safety rules and train where appropriate.
Identify and implement ways to improve ergonomics in all work areas.
Effectively communicates issues concerning safety, quality, delivery, productivity & tooling.
- Communicates issues to Supervisor to ensure that organizational goals and objectives are met
Participates as a member of the Operations Team.
- Participates in ongoing development, communication and implementation of team concepts, programs and policies.
- Leads & Coordinates work to ensure best practices with all direct reports.
- Attends appropriate team meetings.
- As a member of the Operations team, fosters strong cohesiveness regarding all major issues; e.g., direction, annual plan, budget, policy changes, etc.
- Accepts responsibility to quickly identify any areas of lack of cohesiveness, bringing them to the attention of the Supervisor and working with the team in a supportive manner to resolve issues affecting cohesiveness. Actively look for ways, and reinforce actions needed, to achieve synergy possible within the larger organization.
Performs other duties as necessary in support of business objectives. This position description is intended to guide the activities of the Laser & CNC Machines – Lead/Programmer. It is not intended to limit the thinking and creativity of the person to the work of this function, nor is it intended that this describe all the work that may be required of the person in this position.
|Educational Requirements||Experience Requirements|
|HS diploma or equivalent required. Minimum of two years college level CNC Machining education preferred.||Technical Experience: Minimum 2 years CNC programmer/machinist preferred.|
Industry Experience: Previous experience and/or training in laser operation and previous experience in a metal fabrication shop preferred.
|Technical Competencies – specifically related to this position|
Hudson Operating systems principles and objectives (this competency appears in all job descriptions): Knows all Hudson established operating systems (e.g. quality, environmental). Understands the responsibility to maintain familiarity with the systems and this position’s role in support of these systems – including a consideration of the impact of individual actions on the systems and the responsibility to communicate concerns and improvement ideas.
|Our Values – Common to all Hudson Positions|
Personally earn the trust of colleagues, customers, suppliers, partners, shareholders, and your community – in every interaction.
Learn by Doing
Steward our Legacy