Hudson Technologies is seeking individuals who are passionate about creating or broadening a career with an innovative company. Hudson Technologies offers a dynamic working environment where all team members are valued and rewarded accordingly.
Purpose of the Job
Achieve staffing objectives by recruiting and evaluating job candidates, advising managers, managing relocations and intern programs, organizing and conducting employee orientations and onboarding programs.
Key Initiatives and 90 Day Top 5
Each year the Recruiter will coordinate, with the Human Resources Manager the specific results, improvements, or accomplishments required to support Hudson and departmental objectives.
Essential Job Responsibilities
Primary Objectives of the Human Resources Recruiter
- Develop and execute recruiting plans.
- Network through industry contacts, association memberships, trade groups, social media, and employees.
- Develop and track measurable facets of the recruiting and hiring process so that the processes are transparent and measurable. Set continuous improvement goals.
- Coordinate and implement college recruiting initiatives.
- Administrative duties and recordkeeping.
Develop and Execute Recruiting Plans
- Work with hiring managers on recruiting planning meetings.
- Create job descriptions.
- Lead the creation of a recruiting and interviewing plan for each open position.
- Efficiently and effectively fill open positions.
- Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation.
- Develop a pool of qualified candidates in advance of need.
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting.
- Build networks to find qualified passive candidates.
- Post openings in online venues, newspaper classifieds, with professional organizations, and in other position appropriate venues.
- Utilize the internet for recruitment.
- Improve the company website recruiting section to assist in recruiting.
- Research new ways of using the internet for recruitment.
- Use social and professional networking sites to identify and source candidates.
Network Through Industry Contacts, Association Memberships, Trade Groups and Employees
- Locate and document where to find ideal candidates.
- Aid public relations in establishing a recognizable employer of choice reputation for the company, both internally and externally.
- Communicate with managers and employees regularly to establish rapport, gauge morale, and source new candidate leads.
- Create contacts within the industry.
- Attend local professional meetings and membership development meetings.
- Maintain regular contact with possible future candidates.
Develop and Track Measurable Facets of the Recruiting and Hiring Process
- Among other potential recruiting and hiring measurements, collect data on cost-per-hire, time to hire, the impact of a continuous improvement process on cost savings, and the improvement of work processes in the time taken or steps involved.
- Additional measurements to consider are employee turnover rate, employee turnover cost, and preventable employee turnover.
- Consider additional measurements that aid you in continuous improvement, cost control, and hiring great people.
Coordinate and Implement College Recruiting Initiatives
- Coordinate college recruiting initiatives.
- Attend career fairs for recruiting and company recognition.
- Develop working relationships with colleges to aid in recruiting.
- Give presentations at colleges, attend student group meetings, and increase college awareness of the company before and after career fairs.
Administrative Duties and Record Keeping
- Manage the use of recruiters and headhunters.
- Review applicants to evaluate if they meet the position requirements.
- Conduct prescreening interviews.
- Maintain all pertinent applicant and interview data.
- Perform reference and background checks for potential employees.
- Write and forward rejection letters.
- Assist in interviewing and selecting employees onsite.
- Prepare and send offer letters.
- Perform other special projects as assigned.
Participate in continuous improvement processes. Participates in continuous improvement processes individually and with teams, and champions projects to improve cost, quality, and delivery.
Participate as a member of the Human Resources Team. Participates in ongoing development, communication and implementation of team concepts, programs and policies. Coordinates work to ensure best practices with all team members. Attends appropriate team meetings. As a member of the Human Resources Team, fosters strong cohesiveness regarding all major issues; e.g., direction, annual plan, budget, policy changes, etc. Accepts responsibility to quickly identify any areas that lack cohesiveness, bringing them to the attention of the team leader and working with the team in a supportive manner to resolve issues affecting cohesiveness. Actively looks for ways and reinforce actions needed, in order to achieve synergy possible within the larger organization.
Perform other duties as necessary in support of business objectives. This position description is intended to guide the activities of the Recruiter. It is not intended to limit the thinking and creativity of the person to the work of this function, nor is it intended that this describe all the work that may be required of the person in the position.
|Educational Requirements||Experience Requirements|
HS diploma or equivalent required. Minimum of one year formal technical training as machinist including CNC training. Completion of formal four year Tool & Die apprentice training program preferred.
|Technical Experience: Minimum 2 years CNC programmer/machinist preferred.|
Industry Experience: Previous deep drawn stamping experience preferred.
|Training Requirements||Experience Requirements|
New Hire Orientation
Hudson Basic Safety Training
Financial Metric Board Training
ISO 14001: Awareness
|Technical Competencies – specifically related to this position|
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, as assigned. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Gather and analyze information skillfully
Hudson Operating Systems Principles and Objectives (this competency appears in all job descriptions):
Knows all Hudson established operating systems (e.g. quality, environmental).
Understands the responsibility to maintain familiarity with the systems and this position’s role in support of these systems- including a consideration of the impact of individual actions on the systems and the responsibility to communicate concerns and improvement ideas.
|Our Values – Common to all Hudson Positions|
Personally earn the trust of colleagues, customers, suppliers, partners, shareholders, and your community – in every interaction.
Learn by Doing
Steward our Legacy
This job description reflects the general details of the specific job identified and is not necessarily a complete listing of all work requirements. Hudson Technologies is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.