Hudson Technologies is seeking individuals who are passionate about creating or broadening a career with an innovative company. Hudson Technologies offers a dynamic working environment where all team members are valued and rewarded accordingly.
Ensures internal and external customer quality expectations are met through the application of diversified engineering principles. Formal problem solving (Six Sigma, DMAIC, etc…) with MFG processes and MFG support processes. This position may supervise employees.
Key Initiatives and 90 Day Top 5
Each quarter key objectives will be co-developed, discussed and measured by the SR Quality Engineer and the Quality Manager.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Ensures built-in quality through the disciplined use of Advance Production Quality Planning (APQP) tools by:
- Executing Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA) through:
- Selection of measurement method and equipment
- Gage R&R
- Conducting capability studies through the appropriate use of variable and attribute data
- Writing and implementing effective and efficient control plans / inspection plans
- Leading and facilitating effective Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis (PFMEA) meetings and processes
- Developing and implementing effective Statistical Process Control (SPC) strategies
- Developing and executing robust equipment and process qualification protocols and reports
- Establishing and communicating the customer quality expectations to the operations team through
- Work Instructions
- Visual Aids
- Leading the Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
- Researches and recommends appropriate metrology equipment
- Drives continuous improvement by leading formal problem solving events with customers
- Leads, directs, and ensures customer satisfaction in the resolution of quality failure events
- Provides guidance and support to the Quality Inspection team
- Provides leadership with customer reports & documentation, suppliers, and ISO audits
- Leads or supports root cause identification and implementation of sustainable corrective actions for Corrective and Preventative Actions (CAPAs)
- New product development
- Customer visits
- Gage design
- User manual reviews
- General customer service
- Develops improved processes
- Provides leadership analyzing customer returns
Participates as a member of the Quality Team.
- Participates in ongoing development, communication and implementation of team concepts, programs and policies.
- Coordinates work to ensure best practices with all team members.
- MSA’s- released production & new product development.
- Participate in Kaizens.
- Auditing of implemented counter measures.
- Attends appropriate team meetings.
- As a member of the team, fosters strong cohesiveness regarding all major issues; e.g., direction, annual plan, budget, policy changes, etc.
- Accepts responsibility to quickly identify any areas of lack of cohesiveness, bringing them to the attention of the team leader and working with the team in a supportive manner to resolve issues affecting cohesiveness.
Actively look for ways, and reinforce actions needed, to achieve synergy possible within the larger organization.
Performs other duties as necessary in support of business objectives. This position description is intended to guide the activities of the SR Quality Engineer. It is not intended to limit the thinking and creativity of the person to the work of this function, nor is it intended that this describe all the work that may be required of the person in this position.
|Educational Requirements||Experience Requirements|
BA or BS in Engineering, or Technical discipline (will consider appropriate work experience on a case by case basis).
GD&T Training preferred.
|Technical Experience: Experience with APQP, PFMEA, SPC, Metrology, Blueprints, and Control Plans.|
|Technical Competencies – specifically related to this position|
Fact Based Problem Solving: Understands and practices the process of fact based problem solving and the tools associated with that process (Fishbone, 8D, 5 Why’s, etc.)
Write Effectively: Conveys information clearly and effectively through formal and informal documents; reviews and edits written work constructively.
Analyze Issues: Gathers relevant information systematically; considers a broad range of issues or factors; grasps complexities and perceives relationships among problems or issues; seeks input from others; uses accurate logic in analysis.
Process Evaluation/Improvement: Analyzes current processes to determine if they need to be changed or if entirely new processes need to be implemented. Identifies opportunities to improve a process, by making it more efficient and/or effective while achieving superior results.
Workflow analysis: Decomposes high level functions into their functional pieces and analyzes the processes to determine how efficiently the functions are being performed.
Statistical Tools: High level of understanding and use of SPC, regression analysis, significance testing, measurement system analysis, as quality improvement tools.
Design of Experiments: Uses controlled study of process variables ensuring desired output in specified processes.
Error Proofing: Understands the use and design of error proofing devices
Metrology Tools: Understands the use and maintenance of calipers, height gages, gage blocks, etc.
Hudson Operating systems principles and objectives (this competency appears in all job descriptions): Knows all Hudson established operating systems (e.g. quality, environmental). Understands the responsibility to maintain: familiarity, the systems and this position’s role in support of these systems – including a consideration of the impact of individual actions on the systems and the responsibility to communicate concerns and improvement ideas.
|Our Values – Common to all Hudson Positions|
Personally earn the trust of colleagues, customers, suppliers, partners, shareholders, and your community – in every interaction.
Learn by Doing
Steward our Legacy
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and the competencies required by persons assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, and working conditions associated with this job. This job description is not an employment contract and Hudson reserves the right to change this description at any time.