Hudson Technologies is seeking individuals who are passionate about creating or broadening a career with an innovative company. Hudson Technologies offers a dynamic working environment where all team members are valued and rewarded accordingly.
Plans, organizes, and directs technical work required for new and existing tooling designs and tooling developments. Translates product requirements into manufacturable tool designs through tooling development activities. Domestic and international travel required as needed.
Key Initiatives and 90 Day Top 5
Each quarter top 5’s are determined and approved by the supervisor and employee. One-on-one meetings are held quarterly to measure success.
- Leads tooling design and review activities by researching and benchmarking tooling designs.
- Ensures the timely, accurate, and successful translation of tooling design requirements into manufacturable tooling.
- Verifies and validates all tooling designs and design changes.
- Provides technical interface with customers to develop a clear understanding of tooling and product requirements.
Plans, organizes, and directs technical work involving new and existing tooling design and development.
- Leads new order acquisition and engineering change activities by establishing world class and manufacturable tooling designs that meet all internal and external customer requirements at the lowest cost.
- Verifies and is responsible for successful tooling development against internal and external standards via engineering analysis, prototyping, FMEA;s, benchmarking and testing.
- Ensures manufacturability and optimization of designs for tooling through design reviews, things gone wrong reviews, and design for manufacturability reviews.
- Ensures customer satisfaction by meeting deadlines, managing product changes, while optimizing product cost.
Develops tooling using technical tools in support of program objectives.
- Releases and manages prototype and production tooling prints resulting from tooling development activities.
- Verifies success of tooling engineering with the use of engineering analysis tools including Finite Element Analysis, tolerance analysis, prototyping, designed experiments, and other available engineering analysis tools.
Documents all responsibilities and/or activities in order to maintain accurate records of project accountabilities.
- Tracks, documents, and manages all tooling prints and bills of materials.
- Documents, organizes, and manages all engineering analysis, design development, design verification, and design validation outputs and deliverables.
- Maintains and updates tooling standards to be used for design and building of tooling.
Monitors and controls objectives, costs, and timetables of tooling design and development.
- Ensures that internal and external design development requirements are met relative to design goals, product cost, and delivery schedules.
- Manages all tooling designs, prints, bills of materials, engineering analysis’, prototyping, verification activities, and validation activities in terms of specifications, resources, timing, and costs per the program objectives.
- Responsible for outside tooling vendors supplying tooling to Hudson Technologies for cost, quality and delivery.
- Delivers a project or projects from conception through completion using a team whose sole focus is obtaining the goal by defining, planning, implementing, and integrating every aspect of the project.
Participates as a member of the Engineering Team.
- Participates in ongoing development, communication and implementation of team concepts, programs and policies.
- Coordinates work to ensure best practices with all team members.
- Attends appropriate team meetings.
- As a member of the Engineering Team, fosters strong cohesiveness regarding all major issues; e.g., direction, annual plan, budget, policy changes, etc.
- Accepts responsibility to quickly identify any areas of lack of cohesiveness, bringing them to the attention of the team leader and working with the team in a supportive manner to resolve issues affecting cohesiveness.
- Actively look for ways, and reinforce actions needed, to achieve synergy possible within the larger organization.
Performs other duties as necessary in support of business objectives. This position description is intended to guide the activities of the Tool Design Engineer. It is not intended to limit the thinking and creativity of the person to the work of this function, nor is it intended that this describe all the work that may be required of the person in this position.
|Educational Requirements||Experience Requirements|
|B.S. Engineering or equivalent with a concentration in mechanical design for tooling or metal forming preferred.||Technical Experience: Minimum of 5 years of tool and die design experience preferred.|
Industry Experience: Experience in a stamping deep draw manufacturing environment preferred
|Technical Competencies – specifically related to this position|
|Innovate: Generates and champions new ideas and initiatives; goes beyond the status quo; evaluates new or modified approaches and ideas with an open mind; brings perspectives and approaches together, combining them in creative ways.|
Fact Based Problem Solving: Understands and practices the process of fact based problem solving and the tools associated with that process.
Design of Experiments: Uses controlled study of process variables ensuring desired output in specified processes.
Project Management: Defines objectives; develops plans that are comprehensive, realistic, and effective in meeting goals; develops contingency plans; provides clear direction; monitors progress; follows up to ensure objectives are met; keeps others informed.
Mechanical Engineering Skills: Intuitive understanding of material sciences, kinematics, statics and strengths of materials, and physics.
Computer Skills: Extensive understanding of CAD, FEA, Keycreator, spreadsheets, and word processing.
Systems: Familiarity with integrated manufacturing systems and ability to understand roles outside of engineering.
Hudson Operating systems principles and objectives (this competency appears in all job descriptions): Knows all Hudson established operating systems (e.g. quality, environmental). Understands the responsibility to maintain: familiarity, the systems and this position’s role in support of these systems – including a consideration of the impact of individual actions on the systems and the responsibility to communicate concerns and improvement ideas.
|Our Values – Common to all Hudson Positions|
Personally earn the trust of colleagues, customers, suppliers, partners, shareholders, and your community – in every interaction.
Learn by Doing
Steward our Legacy