Hudson Technologies is seeking individuals who are passionate about creating or broadening a career with an innovative company. Hudson Technologies offers a dynamic working environment where all team members are valued and rewarded accordingly.
Analyzes and corrects electrical problems, repairs and overhauls electrical equipment and controls, installs and modifies electrical, production manufacturing and other plant equipment.
Analyzes circuits, wiring diagrams drawings and programs necessary to install, repair, calibrate or service electrical and electronic devices and PLC systems.
Performs work which requires a thorough knowledge of electrical theory and principles, statutory codes and principles of operation of electrical equipment.
- Starts up and shuts down equipment in accordance with the OSHA safety procedures for machine activation and shut down.
Fabricates parts required, if not commercially available, using hand tools and machine tools common to the trade.
Advises / cautions other employees in and out of the maintenance department about potential electrical problems with equipment and inherent electrical hazards.
Troubleshoots equipment failures independently or as part of a team assigned to the problem.
Fabricates, assembles, and installs electrical equipment working from blue prints, facility lay-out, sketches, drawings or verbal instructions.
Performs heavy electrical maintenance work which may involve climbing, rigging, exposure to heat and chemicals.
- Such potential hazards may necessitate the use of specialized equipment such as harness, SCBA, respirator, dust mask and other personal protective clothing and equipment.
Participates in continuous improvement processes.
- Participates in continuous improvement processes individually and with teams, and champions projects to improve cost, quality, and delivery.
Participates as a member of the Maintenance Team.
- Participates in ongoing development, communication and implementation of team concepts, programs and policies.
- Coordinates work to ensure best practices with all team members.
- Attends appropriate team meetings.
- As a member of the Maintenance Team, fosters strong cohesiveness regarding all major issues; e.g., direction, annual plan, budget, policy changes, etc.
- Accepts responsibility to quickly identify any areas that lack cohesiveness, bringing them to the attention of the team leader and working with the team in a supportive manner to resolve issues affecting cohesiveness.
- Actively looks for ways and reinforce actions needed, in order to achieve synergy possible within the larger organization.
Performs other duties as necessary in support of business objectives. This position description is intended to guide the activities of the Electrical Technician. It is not intended to limit the thinking and creativity of the person to the work of this function, nor is it intended that this describe all the work that may be required of the person in the position.
|High school diploma or equivalent GED level education.|
Minimum of five years of electrical trade education preferred, or equivalent experience.
|Technical Experience: Control Cicuits|
Industry Experience: Manufacturing Machinery and Equipment
|Training Requirements||Training Frequency|
|Hazardous Waste Operations, Emergency Response Training and Annual Refresher.|
Confined Space Training.
|Lock Out Tag Out Training.||Annual|
|Blood Borne Pathogens Training.||Annual|
|Technical Competencies – specifically related to this position|
|NES and local codes; thoroughly familiar of all codes.|
OSHA electrical requirements; strong knowledge of all OSHA electrical requirements.
Able to read and interpret blueprints, complex, detailed, technical written and verbal instructions.
Able to operate a hi-lift and fork-lift.
Able to operate a variety of electronic/electrical test equipment and power hand tools.
Hudson Operating systems principles and objectives (this competency appears in all job descriptions): Knows all Hudson established operating systems (e.g. quality, environmental). Understands the responsibility to maintain familiarity with the systems and this position’s role in support of these systems – including a consideration of the impact of individual actions on the systems and the responsibility to communicate concerns and improvement ideas.
|Our Values – Common to all Hudson Positions|
Personally earn the trust of colleagues, customers, suppliers, partners, shareholders, and your community – in every interaction.
Learn by Doing
Steward our Legacy