Metal diaphragms are thin circular plates that undergo elastic deformation when subjected to pressure or axial loading. They are typically manufactured by forming a thin metal sheet into a ripple shape. At Hudson Technologies, we offer metal diaphragms that are flat or corrugated, meaning as rings or solids. These types of products have the capability to have a variety of materials and sizes and can be used in many different types of applications.
Hudson’s Metal Diaphragm Capabilities
Metal diaphragms can be used for many different purposes. It is because of this that we offer so many different variations of sizes and materials. At Hudson Technologies, we offer metal diaphragms with a diameter of anywhere between 0.200 – 18.00” and a material thickness between 0.001 – 0.018”. This type of variation allows for you to have fully custom precision metal diaphragms.
We also have a large inventory of in-house stock with other materials available upon request. You can choose from:
- Stainless Steel (grades 350, 316L, 304L, 347)
- Inconel (grades 718, 625)
- Haynes 242
- Titanium (grades 1, 2)
- 17-7 PH
- Other materials by request
Applications of Metal Diaphragms
Metal diaphragms are utilized in many different industries and serve many purposes. They are sometimes used in things such as; mechanical seals, edge welded bellows, pressure transducers and medical devices.
Metal diaphragms are typically used to:
- Regulate pressure
- Convert movement into measurable communication with equipment
- Create a physical barrier between opposing forces in gas and liquids
- Act as membrane used to pump fluids
- Serve as a predictable failure point to protect equipment from overpressure conditions
- Provide reliable performance including:
- Cycling for up to millions of strokes
- Capable of working in extreme environments (temperature, corrosion, etc.)
From one piece to high volume production, we are with you every step of the way. Quick-change tooling allows for efficient production of multiple products at varying quantities and reduced lead times. This means that no matter what the application, Hudson has the tools to meet the requirements necessarily to keep time and costs lower.
Hudson Technologies is a stand alone manufacturer of precision metal diaphragms with the expertise, equipment, quality, flexibility and capacity you need to cost effectively do feasibility studies, design metal diaphragms, produce prototypes, meet production demand and expand product lines. If you’d like a product quote, please contact us today.