Hudson Technologies is seeking individuals who are passionate about creating or broadening a career with an innovative company. Hudson Technologies offers a dynamic working environment where all team members are valued and rewarded accordingly.
Leads the organization’s function of driving profitable growth through organic and inorganic avenues.
Key Initiatives and 90 Day Top 5
The person in this position, in coordination with their manager, will be responsible for specific results, improvements, or accomplishments required to support Hudson business strategies and objectives. These can be expressed as Key Thrusts (3-5 year objectives), Key Initiatives (12-18 month goals), and/or Quarterly Rocks (90 day priorities).
- Drive profitable and significant growth through the development and implementation of:
- A results-oriented sales/marketing structure and team
- An effective sales incentive plan for both internal and external sales reps
- An effective Go-To-Market strategy
- Effective customer penetration strategies
- Develop an effective market/product roadmap that includes both technology and competitive landscape analysis
- Support growth initiatives, both organic and in-organic, including successful identification, selection, and integration of potential merger and acquisitions and key partnerships
- Leads due-diligence process in advance of deals being signed to validate that there is a strategic fit between the companies involved. This planning includes risk assessments and business and technology evaluations
- Leads deal structure process addressing transformation, integration and post-merger operations
- Develops pitch book tools that provide analysis of investment considerations and recommendations that align with Hudson’s strategic plan
- Develop effective multi-level relationships with existing and potential customers
- Strengthen Hudson’s competitive advantage through pricing strategies, LTAs, and other customer service programs
Performs other duties as necessary in support of business objectives. This position description is intended to guide the activities of VP of Business Development. It is not intended to limit the thinking and creativity nor is it intended that this describe all the work that may be required of the person in this position.
|Educational Requirements||Experience Requirements|
|Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required. MBA preferred||Experience: 10+ Years of experience in business leadership role in manufacturing business; Background in sales and/or marketing discipline and proficient in financial operations.|
Customer Focus – Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers, partners, and other stakeholders and gains their trust and respect.
Exceptional relationship management skills – Ability to build and grow connections with people of all types and backgrounds.
Building Effective Teams – Able to create strong morale and spirit within team environment. Fosters open dialogue and shares wins and successes. Demonstrates ability to critically assess existing team capabilities, make appropriate changes, and lead a team into the future with common growth vision.
Strategic Agility – Is future-oriented and can anticipate future trends and consequences accurately. Creates competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans and has a competitive perspective, a winning attitude and creativity/agility in domestic and international market opportunities.
Drive for Results – Can be counted on to exceed goals, is bottom line oriented, and steadfastly pushes self and others for results. Manages risks and opportunities to control bottom line, while holding others accountable.
Organizational Agility – Knows how organizations work and knows how to get things done both through formal and informal channels. Understands the cultures of organizations and how to leverage strengths and mitigate weaknesses.
Leadership – Demonstrates a professional, strong presence that builds and maintains trust, has a focus for what is right for the company and has a strong ability to work across functions and businesses. Capable of leading cross-functional/cross-business initiatives.
Decision Quality – Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgement.
Project Management – Highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to keep multiple projects and client engagement active at once.
Strategic Thinking – Independent critical thinking and creative problem solving skills with regard to short and long term planning.
Communication – exceptional presentation, communication and negotiation skills. Acts with diplomacy, persuasiveness and transformational leadership qualities.
|Our Values – Common to all Hudson Positions|
Personally earn the trust of colleagues, customers, suppliers, partners, shareholders, and your community – in every interaction.
Learn by Doing
Steward our Legacy