Seventy five years ago, a Czech immigrant by the name of Charles Batka started a metal pressing business in his garage. Today, Hudson Technologies is a thriving, $24 million, U.S. manufacturer of precision engineered deep drawn, or seamless, metal enclosures and stampings.
We are celebrating 75 years in business on November 7, 2015. On that day we are holding a community open house at our plant. It is our pleasure to cordially invite our customers, suppliers, community friends and families to join us in Ormond Beach at our celebration.
- Is located in East Central Florida (Volusia County), employs over 250 people (10% added in the last 12 months), and exports products made in the United States around the world (to 24 countries).
- Manufactures seamless metal cases that enclose technology used in aviation, aerospace, commercial battery, electronic instruments and sensors, implantable medical devices, semi-conductor and other industrial applications worldwide.
- Has a press in the Smithsonian Institution’s National Museum of American History. The century-old press was purchased by Batka in 1940. Just before its retirement in 1974, it was used to make electrical components for the Apollo space-flight program.
- Is guided by a set of four enduring values – Earn Trust, Learn by Doing, Work Together, and Steward Our Legacy. These values form a framework that both inspires innovation and governs how the company changes and grows.
- Is now a green manufacturer after completing a 2-year, $2 million conversion in 2007 to an environmentally sound manufacturing process that produces no hazardous waste.
- Has been recognized by its peers and the community. In 2008 it was named Manufacturer of the Year by the Volusia Manufacturers Association (VMA). In 2009 it won two VMA Best Practice awards – Employee Wellness and Go Green. And, in 2010 it received a Retention/Expansion Project Award from the City of Ormond Beach for being a company that is investing in the community by improving and expanding its business.
We are proud of the traditions, values and accomplishments which have allowed us to be successful for 75 years and will enable us to grow in the future. We would be honored to have you share in our celebration.