At Hudson Technologies, we offer a wide range of deep draw capabilities to produce highly customized, cost-effective metal parts for clients across all types of industries. With an eye on innovation and environmental stewardship, we are particularly proud to offer deep draw processes that produce far less material waste than most other machined parts methods.
Our company is AS9100D certified. We work tirelessly to ensure we stay ahead of the curve on all quality control processes and innovations. Our certifications, capabilities, facility, machinery, and secondary services grant us the ability to deliver high quality results for all of our customers.
Deep Drawn Manufacturing Services
At Hudson Technologies, we are proud to offer a range of high-quality deep drawn manufacturing services.
Our manufacturing processes and stamping services include:
- Shallow draw stamping
- Deep draw stamping
- Metal stamping
- Progressive die tooling
- Transfer press tooling
- Metal to rubber and metal to metal tooling for diaphragms
- Custom tooling to meet your exact specifications.
Our finishing options include:
- Aqueous cleaning, deburring, heat treating, and passivation.
- Anodizing, polishing, painting, powder coating, bead blasting, and plating
- Modifications, including piercing, extruding, bulging, coining, tapping, and machining.
- Resistance spot welding, TIG welding, laser welding, and brazing to MIL specifications.
- Assembly of components and brackets to deep drawn enclosures
- PEM®, stud, and standoff insertions
Our design and quality services include:
- Engineering design assistance; finite element analysis (FEA); product design and metal forming simulation.
- Program management; trade compliance
- Lean; Six Sigma
- Smart Scope (optics, laser, touch probe) and metallurgical analysis (cold and hot mount)
Hudson Technologies offers expert assistance to help you choose the correct manufacturing process for your needs. Our custom services ensure that your process is suited to your exact specifications.
Our Manufacturing Facility and Machinery
Our facility houses a wide range of manufacturing equipment and machinery.
Deep Drawn Manufacturing Equipment and Capacity
Hudson Technologies’ state-of-the-art facility contains over 130 forming presses, all fully modernized and ready to handle projects of all kinds, no matter how complex. Our clients include small and large businesses, with projects ranging from prototype to high-volume (1 to 5,000,000 pieces).
We house an extensive array of state-of-the-art equipment in our 115,000-square-foot manufacturing facility. Hudson Technologies makes use of several types of presses with tonnages ranging from 1 to 500 tons, including:
- Double action mechanical
- OBI (Open Back Inclined)
- Servo (plus CNC cushion)
- Transfer deep drawing press
Tool Room Metalworking Machinery
Equipped with a wide range of top-quality machinery, our tool room allows the team at Hudson to provide reliable services that support our deep-drawn metal forming processes. Some of our tool room equipment includes:
- CNC mills and lathes up to 30″ swing
- Bridgeport milling machines
- Wire EDM (electrical discharge machines)
- Wire, sinker, and hole puncher
- Surface grinders
- Modification Capabilities
The team at Hudson is also committed to providing all clients with complete customization options, allowing you to easily meet the specific demands of your application. The following equipment and capabilities allow for easy modifications to metal parts:
- 5-axis laser
- Robotic finishing machine
- Spot welders
- Multiple trimming methods
- Vibratory tumblers
In addition to our primary machining services, Hudson Technologies offers various finishing and other value-added services to ensure clients receive a finalized end product that meets all necessary specifications and requirements
Custom & Standard Capabilities and Specifications
Hudson Technologies works with a variety of materials, sizes, and shapes to deliver standard and custom tooling based on your specifications.
We have experience working with a range of materials, including:
- Stainless steel
- Cold-rolled steel
- Nickel silver
- Cupro nickel
- HY-MU 80
Our experts consider factors such as tensile strength, ductility, weldability, and machinability to determine which material will produce the best results while meeting customer specifications.
Sizes and Shapes
Hudson Technologies can produce parts of any shape to suit a wide range of applications and needs — from standard round, square, and rectangular to complex and asymmetrical geometries, in dimensions from 1/8 inch (3.1 mm) to 12 inches (305 mm) in diameter and up to 12 inches long, using material between 0.002 inch (0.05 mm) and 0.187 inch (4.75 mm) thick. We can produce metal diaphragms, flat or corrugated, in diameters ranging from 0.2 inch (5.08 mm) to 18 inches (457.2 mm) and in thicknesses from 0.001 inch (0.025 mm) to 0.018 inch (0.457 mm).
Supply Chain Services
At Hudson Technologies, we offer a selection of supply chain services to improve our customers’ manufacturing processes. Our Kanban services deliver lean manufacturing schedules along with stocking programs. Our expertise includes logistics services, parcel less-than-truckload (LTL) services, and export services. When our customers take advantage of our custom tooling, we can keep it in-house for expedited restocking. We can also re-use custom tooling to deliver future runs of production at a lower cost.
Design, Quality, and Cleanliness
The team at Hudson is deeply proud of our service offerings, and we’re constantly working to improve and innovate all processes and equipment to better serve our customers. Some of our other unique offerings and facility features include:
- Pick and place robotics
- Automated part loading, unloading, packaging
- Visual scheduling system
- Coil slitters (for raw material)
- Environmentally friendly lubricants
- Digital (LED) lighting throughout facility
- Tool storage management system
At Hudson Technologies, we deliver consistent results with our quality control and production services such as optical measuring systems, optical microscope inspection systems, CMM, automated SPC data collection, and in-line automatic optical inspection.
Our commitment to quality is backed by the certifications that we hold, including Reach and RoHS Compliance, Conflict Minerals, California Prop 65 Compliance, and ASD9100 Certification.
Our seamless solutions guide is available to help you learn more about each of the products we offer at Hudson Technologies.
Choosing a Deep Draw Manufacturing Partner
When choosing a deep draw manufacturer to partner with, it’s important to keep a few critical factors in mind to ensure you get the highest-quality parts possible, at a fair price. Consider the following tips during your search:
- Manufacturer’s experience. Although deep draw manufacturing has existed for over 140 years, it’s still a complex method, requiring a great deal of expertise. Be sure to partner with a knowledgeable, experienced company that can provide examples of past work and answer specific questions about their technique, quality control program, and quote breakdown.
- Vertical integration. Look for manufacturers that are vertically integrated, that can offer initial design assistance to lower cost. Design and build the tooling in house and manufacture the initial samples through full production volumes under one roof.
Partner with Hudson Technologies
As an industry-leading manufacturer of deep drawn metal enclosures, Hudson Technologies is proud to offer our clients a wide range of machining and finishing services with stringent quality control to back them up. In addition to metal enclosures and cases, we also specialize in stampings, including metal diaphragms.
Whether you need assistance with deep drawing, sampling, or designing, Hudson is here to help. Working on a high-volume-production project or need help with a design? Contact us today and an in-house metal forming expert will be in touch.