How Hudson Supports Aerospace Manufacturing
The aerospace industry supplies parts and products to five key market sectors: commercial airlines, general aviation, military aircraft, missiles, and space research. As the components supplied often find application in critical operations where failure is not an option, it is essential they feature high precision, accuracy, durability, and reliability to ensure they function as intended. In the United States, companies that make use of aerospace hardware keep these and other considerations in mind when searching for a manufacturing partner. In particular, one quality they seek is domestic production.
Hudson Technologies is a US-based manufacturer specializing in deep-drawn metal stampings. With nearly eight decades of industry experience, our team has the expertise to accommodate both standard and custom part requests. We are well-versed in meeting exact and tight tolerances for critical applications, making us the ideal partner for all stamped aerospace component needs.
Manufacturing Considerations for Aerospace Components: Industry Regulations and Performance Requirements
When intended for use in the aerospace industry, metal stampings must comply with rigorous quality control and safety standards to prevent injury to operators and damage to equipment. Some of the guidelines concerning aerospace stampings include:
- They must satisfy AS9100 (i.e., the quality standard pertaining to the aerospace industry).
- They must be designed and manufactured to the tightest tolerances possible.
- They must withstand extreme conditions—including high and fluctuating temperatures and pressures—and rigorous testing.
- They must be optimized in regard to strength-to-weight ratio to reduce aircraft weight and, therefore, fuel costs.
- They must include ongoing documentation to facilitate future production line optimization operations (as per national and international industry regulation standards).
Aerospace Component Manufacturing Considerations
Aerospace systems and components require an array of materials and equipment from a variety of manufacturers to produce one aircraft. Hudson Technologies is a leading provider of quality components for commercial, government, and defense aerospace equipment. Using state-of-the-art fabrication technology, we create specialized and custom aerospace components adhering to the most stringent industry guidelines to ensure the utmost reliability for critical no-fail applications. We leverage our expertise to manufacture a variety of components, including:
- Hydraulics for doors, flight controls, thrust reversers, brakes, flaps, and landing gear.
- Valves designed to endure harsh operation conditions typically found in engines and pressurization systems.
- Sensors for flight control, cabin pressure, temperature monitoring, hydraulics, braking, and actuation.
- Diaphragms for cabin environmental control, hydraulic systems, fuel injection, and pressure sensing applications in aqueous environments.
- Lighting Housings used to reliably secure and protect interior and exterior lights.
- Actuators to create motion for engine speed control, braking systems, landing gear, lever control, bay doors, and more.
- Engine Controls allow the pilot to monitor and control aircraft engine operation and protect engine components from damage.
- Antennas for use in communication, navigation, and instrumentation systems.