Manufacturing implantable medical devices requires products to achieve a high degree of precision and quality. Hudson Technologies uses state-of-the-art deep-draw manufacturing techniques to create parts that satisfy the three main requirements of building medical equipment:
- Clean medical components
- Cutting-edge, precision equipment
We specialize in deep drawing titanium and stainless steel to create devices used for active stimulation. Hudson meets medical industry challenges by using the best tooling and equipment to achieve high-quality results.
Hudson has developed comprehensive strategies to overcome the array of challenges endemic to medical device manufacturing. We capitalize on our expertise to achieve quality results in:
- Regulatory compliance: Medical devices must comply with stringent governmental and third-party standards, which vary across countries
- Ensuring product quality: Medical devices must go above and beyond in terms of ensuring their products are safe, secure, and reliable
- Data security: Safeguarding sensitive medical data is critical to developing patient trust, especially as more and more medical facilities move to cloud-based systems and “smart” devices
- Localization of medical devices: Medical devices must be accessible to the countries in which they’re sold—especially with electronic applications, manufacturers must ensure that the devices suit the languages and practices of their host countries
- Development and production costs: Maintaining affordable production and development costs ensures that medical devices can do the most good while allowing manufacturers to reinvest profits into new research
SOLUTIONS FROM HUDSON
Hudson uses deep-drawn stamping to produce a range of high-quality, safe, and reliable medical devices. Our innovative processes reduce production time, improve product consistency, and keep down costs.
Some products we build include:
- Implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs)
- including biventricular
- single-chamber transvenous ICDs (TV-ICDs)
- as well as subcutaneous ICDs (S-ICDs).
- Neuromodulation products, including:
- Spinal cord stimulators
- Deep brain stimulators
- Sacral nerve stimulators
- Vagus nerve stimulators
- Implantable cardiac pacemakers
- Implantable hearing devices
- Ventricular assist devices
- Implantable loop recorders (ILRs)
- Implantable drug infusion pumps
Tooling and Equipment
Hudson uses cutting-edge tooling and equipment to ensure high-quality end parts for critical medical applications. Our capabilities include:
- Tooling that our experienced toolmakers design and build in-house
- More than 130 forming presses that range from 1 to 500 tons of capacity; this includes both hydraulic and mechanical presses as well as a Servo press with a CNC lower cushion
- Extensive modification capabilities, which allow for improved component customization
- In-house heat treatment options with vacuum and hydrogen annealing functions that help reduce lead times and achieve higher levels of quality control
To get an understanding of how Hudson provides the very best solutions to the challenges medical manufacturers regularly face, view our case study describing how we produce high-volume components.
What’s Next at Hudson?
Hudson Technologies continues to invest in new technologies that will help our products improve patients’ health and quality of life. We’ve recently upgraded our manufacturing capabilities through the purchase of eight robotic arms and a five-axis cutting laser. We also installed a Platarg transfer press, which helps us complete production runs at a faster pace.
Hudson’s dedication to finding quality solutions for every challenge has established us as a leader in the medical device manufacturing field. Contact us for more information on how Hudson Technologies can best meet your needs.