Hudson Technologies manufactures deep drawn metal battery enclosures for a wide range of industries and applications across the globe —including implantable medical devices, aerospace, aviation, oil exploration, military, energy storage, and hybrid electric vehicles, to name just a few.
Below, we’ll delve into a couple of applications particularly well-suited to the deep drawn stamping process.
Implantable Medical Device Components
When creating medical device components such as battery enclosures, three main priorities must be kept in mind:
- Keeping the components clean,
- Working with cutting-edge precision equipment, and
- Achieving a high-quality surface finish. All three of these can be easily achieved with the use of deep drawn stamping techniques.
Deep drawn stamping allows for reduced production time, as well as lower costs. This versatile process also allows for greater product consistency — which is critical in medical device applications — and reduces overall material waste, minimizing the overall environmental footprint of production.
Hudson Technologies specializes in deep drawing titanium and stainless steel for medical devices used in active stimulation and surgical equipment.
We also produce metal components for integration into housing and casing components for cardio and neuro shields applications, as well as half-shells, battery cases, and capacitor components.
Military and Energy
Batteries used in military and defense scenarios — such as bomb and missile batteries — must be adequately protected to ensure optimal performance, reliability, and safety. Hudson Technologies is proud to offer deep drawn stamping services for these critical applications.
Also, many energy and power applications — particularly grid storage batteries — rely on our deep drawn capabilities. Below are a few key benefits of our deep drawn battery enclosures for the energy and power industry in particular:
- Guaranteed small environmental footprint
- Zero chlorinated lubricants
- Zero solvents
- No hazardous waste produced
Value-Added Features and Benefits
We also provide several value-added features and benefits, including:
- Little to no tooling charges on more than 15,000 shapes and sizes in our catalog
- Custom battery enclosures built to your specifications and requirements
- Cylindrical deep drawn enclosures, both standard and custom
- Expertise manufacturing prismatic (rectangle) deep drawn enclosures, including stainless steel and titanium models
- Covers and headers with secondary machining operations
- Manufacturability and design solutions
- Project management; our team works with clients every step of the way to ensure new programs launch smoothly
- Green manufacturing; our manufacturing processes produce no hazardous waste
- Hudson Technologies certifications: AS9100D; ISO 14001:2004 and ISO 13485:2003 compliant
To learn how Hudson Technologies can help with your next metal stamping project, contact the team today.