Hudson Technologies is seeking individuals who are passionate about creating or broadening a career with an innovative company. Hudson Technologies offers a dynamic working environment where all team members are valued and rewarded accordingly.
Assist with daily activities in the Accounting department.
Processes vendor invoices for payment.
- Matches invoice to P.O. and packing slip verifying price, quantity ordered/received, etc.
- Assist with entering completed voucher package into the QAD system.
Maintains reports and files.
- Maintains receiving reports and debit memos in numerical files.
- Assist with maintaining the QAD vendor master file as required.
- Scan and file all AP documents in a professional organized manner.
Assist with preparation of sales tax documentation for monthly payment to Department of Revenue.
Processes and sorts daily mail.
Participates in Continuous Improvement Activities.
- Identifies and suggests improvements to improve work and processes and departmental methods and procedures.
Participates as a member of the Finance Team.
Participates in ongoing development, communication and implementation of team concepts, programs and policies.
- Coordinates work to ensure best practices with all team members.
- Attends appropriate team meetings.
- As a member of the Accounting Team, fosters strong cohesiveness regarding all major issues; e.g., direction, annual plan, budget, policy changes, etc.
- Accepts responsibility to quickly identify any areas of lack of cohesiveness, bringing them to the attention of the team leader and working with the team in a supportive manner to resolve issues affecting cohesiveness.
- Actively look for ways, and reinforce actions needed, to achieve synergy possible within the larger organization.
Performs other duties as necessary in support of business objectives. This position description is intended to guide the activities of the Accounting Assistant. It is not intended to limit the thinking and creativity of the person to the work of this function, nor is it intended that this describe all the work that may be required of the person in this position.
|Educational Requirements||Experience Requirements|
|HS diploma or GED equivalent. Associates degree in accounting preferred.||Technical Experience: Minimum of 1 year experience in accounting or related field preferred.
Industry Experience: Manufacturing experience preferred.
|Technical Competencies – specifically related to this position|
|Computer / Office Equipment: Proficient with computer software and basic office equipment. Ability to fully utilize internal email, intranet, word processing and spreadsheet software.
Comprehension Skills: Ability to comprehend and interpret documents such as work instructions, safety procedures, and operating procedures.
Analytical Skills: Excellent math skills and attention to detail. Systems: Familiarity with integrated manufacturing systems and ability to understand roles outside of accounting.
Organization Skills: Excellent organizational skills; ability to handle multiple and changing tasks and priorities.
Judgment: Ability to use data to make logical, sound decisions.
Initiative: Self-motivated; ability to work with other team members. Ability to work without direct supervisions.
Hudson Operating systems principles and objectives (this competency appears in all job descriptions): Knows all Hudson established operating systems (e.g. quality, environmental). Understands the responsibility to maintain: familiarity, the systems and this position’s role in support of these systems – including a consideration of the impact of individual actions on the systems and the responsibility to communicate concerns and improvement ideas.
|Our Values – Common to all Hudson Positions|
Personally earn the trust of colleagues, customers, suppliers, partners, shareholders, and your community – in every interaction.
Learn by Doing
Steward our Legacy