Hudson Technologies is seeking individuals who are passionate about creating or broadening a career with an innovative company. Hudson Technologies offers a dynamic working environment where all team members are valued and rewarded accordingly.
Provide technical support for the cost estimators, engineering, customer care specialist, and tooling departments. Develop and maintains files pertaining to QAD, User Manuals, Engineering, and Tooling.
Key Initiatives and 90 Day Top 5
Each quarter top 5’s are determined and approved by the supervisor and employee. One-on-one meetings are held quarterly to measure success.
Costing: Re-costing parts that conforms to the present costing standards.
- Log all quotes and maintain quote log.
- Compiling part history for production/setup rates.
- Determine current material costs.
- Determine current anneal, plating, and outside services cost.
- Quote existing products and new products.
– Re-quote all existing “SO”, “TC”, “HU”. “PG”.
– Price book quotes.
– Re-quote standard cans with standard modifications.
- Type and file quotes.
Quoting: Cross train as a cost estimator.
- Train to estimate new work.
- Manage Customer’s drawings manual and electronic.
- Review engineering forms and work instruction and update as needed.
Shop Floor Support & Customer Care
- Provide prints or information when requested in a timely manner.
- Provide engineering and technical information to support and improve customer service as required.
- Review open quote report 3 times per week and provide quote status updates to Customer Care.
Policy and Procedures.
- Maintain/Create procedures developed by department.
- Maintains HU-Catalog pricing database, Price Book and Quote Log and Report inconsistencies to Manager.
- Update changes to production rates, manufacturing process, labor rates and material cost as required quarterly review.
- Provide monthly quoting activities from logged customer RFQ’s to Sales and Marketing department and Engineering department team members.
Process: Cross train to assist Jr. Process Engineer.
QAD: Complete working knowledge of system.
- Create “Item Master”.
- Develop “Bill of Materials”.
- Create and maintain “Routing”.
- Correct inconsistencies in operations in QAD.
- Add necessary notes and instructions for the operation.
- Add all tooling information (tool#, location, dimensions, etc.).
User Manual: Create and Maintain
- Research through I.D. sheets, old Routers, part files and part prints for the manufacturing process for each part number.
- Audit QAD operations list versus last router used.
- Add notes, instructions, document numbers, pictures or diagrams as needed for each operation.
- Add tooling information (tool#, location, dimensions, etc.).
- Circulate and track new User Manuals with checklists and sign off sheet.
- Update manuals with changes from production, quality and engineering (confirmed by 3 signatures for “Engineering Updates” or a PCR when required).
- Maintain “History” page of User Manual with all changes.
- Create electronic file for UM and scan .pdf of new validations and updates.
- Maintain current revisions of drawings.
- Complete drawing rev change forms for updates.
- Initiate and/or process PCR’s.
- Complete and document obsolete tooling forms.
- Complete customer’s audit request.
- Provide photos of tooling.
Purchase Order Review:
- Compare purchase order to what was quoted.
- Review, note and special requirements (DFARs, RoHS, ITAR, etc.).
All other Duties: Special projects as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Participates in continuous improvement processes.
- Participates in continuous improvement processes individually and with teams, and champions projects to improve cost, quality, and delivery.
Participates as a member of the Engineering Team.
- Participates in ongoing development, communication and implementation of team concepts, programs and policies.
- Coordinates work to ensure best practices with all team members.
- Attends appropriate team meetings. As a member of the Engineering Team, fosters strong cohesiveness regarding all major issues; e.g., direction, annual plan, budget, policy changes, etc.
- Accepts responsibility to quickly identify any areas that lack cohesiveness, bringing them to the attention of the team
- leader and working with the team in a supportive manner to resolve issues affecting cohesiveness.
- Actively looks for ways and reinforce actions needed, in order to achieve synergy possible within the larger organization.
Performs other duties as necessary in support of business objectives. This position description is intended to guide the activities of the Assistant Cost Estimator. It is not intended to limit the thinking and creativity of the person to the work of this function, nor is it intended that this describe all the work that may be required of the person in the position.
|Educational Requirements||Experience Requirements|
|HS diploma or GED equivalent education with a technical background in engineering, math and computers is preferred.||Technical Experience:|
Industry Experience: A minimum of 1 year related Hudson work experience is preferred. Two or more years similar work experience in engineering or Manufacturing environment is desired without Hudson work experience.
|Technical Competencies – specifically related to this position|
|Computer Skills: Working knowledge of computers and database inputs and Microsoft Office. Mid to Expert user of Microsoft Excel.|
Math Skills: Good math skills. Ability to use mathematic formulas.
Quality Tools: Ability to use all measurement tools; micrometers, gauge blocks, CMM, comparator, etc.
Blueprint Skills: The ability to interpret blueprints.
Comprehension Skills: Ability to comprehend and interpret documents such as work instructions, safety procedures, material cards, process sheets, and operating procedures.
Initiative: Self-motivated; ability to work with other team members.
Physical Requirements: Ability to meet the physical requirements of the job.
Hudson Operating systems principles and objectives (this competency appears in all job descriptions): Knows all Hudson established operating systems (e.g. quality, environmental). Understands the responsibility to maintain familiarity with the systems and this position’s role in support of these systems – including a consideration of the impact of individual actions on the systems and the responsibility to communicate concerns and improvement ideas.
Accuracy: Attention to detail a must. Ability to see the big picture and drill down to the details.
|Our Values – Common to all Hudson Positions|
Personally earn the trust of colleagues, customers, suppliers, partners, shareholders, and your community – in every interaction.
Learn by Doing
Steward our Legacy