Hudson Technologies is seeking individuals who are passionate about creating or broadening a career with an innovative company. Hudson Technologies offers a dynamic working environment where all team members are valued and rewarded accordingly.
Provides technical expertise and troubleshooting support to the manufacturing teams. Works closely with the tool room and production to resolve processing issues. Supports engineering in product development.
Key Initiatives and 90 Day Top 5
Provides support to die setters, press operators or other production personnel whenever quality or production problems occur.
Participates in continuous improvement processes.
- Participates in continuous improvement processes individually and with teams, and champions projects to improve cost, quality, throughput and delivery.
Assists in maintaining and enhancing lean manufacturing practices.
- Seeks to advance lean manufacturing practices through ongoing support of continuous improvement activities.
- Reduces cycle time, downtime, change over time, scrap; improves processes, and/or tooling
Assists in providing costing information.
- Develops pre and post-production cost estimates, cost effects of design changes, new product manufacturing processes, cost quotes and document control and future technology roadmap and pricing.
- Establishing accurate set uptimes and run rates updating routers with accurate information.
Troubleshoots, identifies, designs and implements systems and/or process needs and improvements.
- Designs and implements changes to work layout, process flow, work standards, etc.
Assist manufacturing & engineering on new projects, ensuring the process is correct and documented.
Acts as liaison between production and tool room to support the goals and objectives of the team.
Participates as a member of the Engineering Team.
- Participates in the ongoing development, communication, and implementation of team concepts, programs, and policies.
- Coordinates work to ensure best practices with all team members.
- Attends appropriate team meetings.
- Fosters strong cohesiveness regarding all major issues; e.g., direction, annual plan, budget, policy changes, etc.
- Accepts responsibility to quickly identify any areas of lack of cohesiveness, bringing them to the attention of the team leader and working with the team in a supportive manner to resolve issues affecting cohesiveness.
- Actively look for ways, and reinforce actions needed, to achieve synergy possible within the larger organization.
Performs other duties as necessary in support of business objectives. This position description is intended to guide the activities of the Process Engineer. It is not intended to limit the thinking and creativity of the person to the work of this function, nor is it intended that this describe all the work that may be required of the person in this position.
|Educational Requirements||Experience Requirements|
|High School diploma or equivalent required|
Bachelor’s degree preferred
|Industry Experience: Good understanding and working|
knowledge of lean manufacturing systems, techniques, and
tools. At least three years’ experience in a manufacturing
environment. Previous deep drawn stamping experience
preferred Previous die setting experience preferred.
Previous tool making or design experience preferred.
|Technical Competencies – specifically related to this position|
|Computer Skills: Working knowledge of computers, application and design software (i.e. SolidWorks)|
Systems: Good understanding and working knowledge of integrated manufacturing systems.
Lean Thinking: Learn, discuss, and practice lean principles in all activities.
Mechanical Aptitude: Understanding of electrical, pneumatics and hydraulic functioning of equipment and uses that knowledge in machine and process design as well as safety. Can analyze an operation and recommend changes to equipment and process based on this understanding.
Tools: Understanding of tools, their capabilities, and use in both the maintenance and design of equipment.
Ergonomics: Knowledge of how a workplace and the equipment used there can best be designed for comfort, safety, efficiency, productivity and ease of use.
Fact-Based Problem Solving: Understanding of and practices the process of fact-based problem solving and the tools associated with that process.
Process Evaluation/Improvement: Ability to analyze current processes to determine if they need to be changed or if new processes need to be implemented. Ability to identify opportunities to improve processes by making it more efficient and/or effective while achieving superior results.
Project Management: Defines objectives; develops plans that are comprehensive, realistic, and effective in meeting goals; develops contingency plans; provides clear direction; monitors progress; follows up to ensure objectives are met; keeps others informed.
Workflow analysis: Ability to decompose high-level functions into their functional pieces and then analyze the processes to determine how efficient the functions are being performed
Hudson Operating systems principles and objectives (this competency appears in all job descriptions): Knows all Hudson established operating systems (e.g. quality, environmental). Understands the responsibility to maintain familiarity with the systems and this position’s role in support of these systems – including a consideration of the impact of individual actions on the systems and the responsibility to communicate concerns and improvement ideas.
|Our Values – Common to all Hudson Positions|
Personally earn the trust of colleagues, customers, suppliers, partners, shareholders, and your community – in every interaction.
Learn by Doing
Steward our Legacy