Hudson Technologies is seeking individuals who are passionate about creating or broadening a career with an innovative company. Hudson Technologies offers a dynamic working environment where all team members are valued and rewarded accordingly.
Analyzes ways to reduce production downtime and increase productivity by the implementation of modern machinery, equipment and electrical systems to help bring Hudson Technologies up to world class standards. Analyzes and corrects electrical problems, repairs and overhauls electrical equipment and controls, installs and modifies electrical, production manufacturing and other plant equipment.
Key Initiatives and 90 Day Top 5
Each quarter top 5’s are determined and approved by the supervisor and employee. One-on-one meetings are held quarterly to measure success.
- Performs work which requires a thorough knowledge of electrical theory and principles, statutory codes and principles of operation of electrical equipment;
- Fabricates parts required, if not commercially available, using hand tools and machine tools common to the trade;
- Fabricates, assembles, and installs electrical equipment working from blue prints, facility lay-out, sketches, drawings or verbal instructions;
- Participates in continuous improvement processes;
- Participates in continuous improvement processes individually and with teams, and champions projects to improve cost, quality, and delivery;
- Participates as a member of the Manufacturing Engineering Team;
- Participates in ongoing development, communication and implementation of team concepts, programs and policies;
- Coordinates work to ensure best practices with all team members;
- Attends appropriate team meetings;
- As a member of the Manufacturing Engineering Team, fosters strong cohesiveness regarding all major issues; e.g., direction, annual plan, budget, policy changes, etc;
- Accepts responsibility to quickly identify any areas that lack cohesiveness, bringing them to the attention of the Director of Manufacturing Engineering and working with the team in a supportive manner to resolve issues affecting cohesiveness;
- Designing systems and products;
- Reading design specifications and technical drawings;
- Researching suitable solutions and estimating costs and timelines;
- Making of models and prototypes of products;
- Liaising with contractors;
- Designing and conducting tests;
- Recording, analyzing and interpreting test data; Electromechanical Technician 2
- Proposing modifications and retesting products;
- Qualifying the final product or system;
- Preparing product documentation & writing reports;
- Monitoring a product in use to improve on future design;
- Confer with engineers, customers, and others to discuss existing or potential engineering projects and products;
- Design, implement, maintain, and improve electrical instruments, equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems;
- Direct and coordinate manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and customer requirements;
- Perform detailed calculations to compute and establish manufacturing, construction, and installation standards and specifications;
- Inspect completed installations and observe operations, to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards;
- Plan and implement research methodology and procedures to apply principles of electrical theory to engineering projects;
- Prepare specifications for purchase of materials and equipment;
- Supervise and train project team members as necessary;
- Oversee project production efforts to assure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time and within budget;
- Prepare and study technical drawings, specifications of electrical systems to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards;
- Assist in developing capital project programs for new equipment and major repairs;
- Compile data and write reports regarding existing and potential engineering studies and projects;
- Evaluates electrical systems, products, components, and applications by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of electricity and materials;
- Confirms system’s and components’ capabilities by designing testing methods; testing properties;
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests;
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations;
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications;
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Electronic Systems, Electronics Troubleshooting, Electronic Testing Design, Project Management, Quality Focus, Analyzing Information , Reporting Research Results, Attention to Detail, Emphasizing Excellence, Innovation
Performs other duties as necessary in support of business objectives. This position description is intended to guide the activities of the Electromechanical Engineer. It is not intended to limit the thinking and creativity of the person to the work of this function, nor is it intended that this describe all the work that may be required of the person in the position.
|Educational Requirements||Experience Requirements|
|BA or BS in Engineering preferred.|
Minimum of two years of electrical trade education preferred, or equivalent experience.
|Technical Experience: Minimum 10 years’ experience in the manufacturing industry|
Industry Experience: Minimum 6 years’ experience in a metal stamping, deep draw environment
|Technical Competencies: specifically related to this position|
|NES and local codes; thoroughly familiar of all codes.|
OSHA electrical requirements; strong knowledge of all OSHA electrical requirements.
Able to read and interpret blueprints, complex, detailed, technical written and verbal instructions.
Able to operate a hi-lift and fork-lift.
Able to operate a variety of electronic/electrical test equipment and power hand tools.
Hudson Operating Systems Principles and Objectives (this competency appears in all job descriptions):
Knows all Hudson established operating systems (e.g. quality, environmental).
Understands the responsibility to maintain familiarity with the systems and this position’s role in support of these systems- including a consideration of the impact of individual actions on the systems and the responsibility to communicate concerns and improvement ideas.
|Our Values – Common to all Hudson Positions|
Personally earn the trust of colleagues, customers, suppliers, partners, shareholders, and your community – in every interaction.
Learn by Doing
Steward our Legacy
Take personal responsibility for health, safety, and our environment